Easter Monday Banter: Upcoming for 5 years???


Just banter, but recent events on my TL made me think about how some people actually make great music and are not getting that recognition in the industry.
This selection is based on the performances they book (opening act) and the title they give them- Upcoming artist.
I think it just gets to a point where it shouldn't be so, and it has a lot to do with the record label you are with and how much they are willingly to invest in you. Skales is someone who was upcoming for a while, but once he switched labels he dropped his album and he's now Skales the artist not the upcoming one.

Based on TL banter, I present some of my Upcoming and not coming up so quick artist;

1. Dammy Krane 
'Dammy Krane for the girls oh"  since 2011 and he is still upcoming. He also put an album out and its not doing so great. Well he said some people WIZKID  are stealing his content so maybe that's why.


2. BOJ 
My lord!! I love Boj's voice and there is something melo about the music he does. But I heard of DRB since like high school and now I'm doing NYSC. I feel like he needs a better platform because he makes good music.


3. Ajebutter22 
Super cool dude, he had two major jams and I personally love Omo pastor, but the way things look, Kiss Daniel and Lil Kesh have  more presence in the industry. I think consistency is key. He makes really good music we just need more of it.


Worthy of mention, Karat Kid,Shaydee and Ozzy B, wassup guys?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.