Story Time: I cried Inside Danfo


Let me walk you through my day 17th August 2017...

It was a beautiful day that started later than my usual days. I ought to have done yoga but I didn't. I think that's where it all fell apart - TBH

So, I have had to go pick up my national ID card for a while and it's been affecting my bank account for a while. I had to call in late on Wednesday so I can get my coins sorted by next pay day. I picked up my ID card and dashed off to the bank - all movements were made with Keke Napep as I stopped entering danfo a while back ( a story for another day)

After my bank issues were sorted I requested a uber ride, the driver showed up quickly & then he asked for my destination and then his brain suddenly remembered he is going to mainland routes only as he has to take his car to the shop. I was so pissed and Airtel decided to make me a bit more angry as usual as the ride wasn't canceled because of the network. The uber driver eventually canceled the ride and told me to come down from his cab. My phone was already at 11% and I started crying right in front of the Bank and walked down to Ikeja under bridge I was still trying to find a cab and the battery kept draining 🙄

So I crossed to the other side of the road & was trying to figure out the bus to enter. As I'm not even familiar with that particular route to my destination.

It was raining, I had a low battery and my destination was dolphin estate of all places. That's literally the worst place to go without a cab or personal car & even worse when it's raining. The breakdown was reasonable I was meant to be at work for 11 am max and I had found a cab as early as 10:32 and was rooting to reach work early enough.

I finally entered a bus to Ikeja city mall and as I sat on the bus and brought out my phone it was 5%, I started crying loudly - like the conductor even trolled me. I didn't like that discourage me I finally stopped crying when I reached Allen and actually found a decent uber driver that was close to Ikeja city mall. I told him my battery was low and he assured me he'll spot me either way. As I got down on the bus I saw his Corolla and jumped in the car like I knew him from somewhere then told him what the other driver did - he was nice and had good music.

The day continued super busy and I went to finance department to sort out some things.

The story ends with a photo as all my posts do, I was literally suffering anxiety at the time this photo was taken someone walked passed and asked why I was posing for a photo and I said I wasn't - gave her my phone to capture the moment anyway and I really find this photos to be such a big part of my right now ...


 




The girl who just cried in the danfo smiles again ❤

The end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.