About the Beauty Behind the Madness

''Secure your wig! Secure your wig!'' Uju screamed! This might just be the intro for my biography!

But let's not talk about that today, let's talk about depression and anxiety.

I like to shy away from the topic because it opens fresh wounds, but today I will touch on it just a bit.

We will start with Depression for dummies, what to say and what not to a person battling with depression.

What not to a person battling with depression. 

1. If you are suicidal just kill yourself! 

2. Snap out of it, it's not that deep.

3. You are using it as an excuse

4. I see no reason why you should be depressed.

5. Can't you just  be happy?

All the things listed above have been said to me, because I speak a lot about Mental health and Depression. So don't say I'm dramatic.

Things to say:

I'm here if you need anything!

What would you like to talk about?


If you can't talk to someone without  making them feel like they put themselves in that situation, you can leave them alone.
The two albums that helps me through depression back in 2015 was Beauty Behind the Madness by The Weekend and Bed of stone by Asa.

I'm in a good place now and I'm happy now. Here's a picture from the album - 
Image result for beauty behind the madness

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.