#BlackGirlMagic: Dear Dark Skinned Lady

#BlackGirlMagic



Colorism is real and I'm tired of it since I can't change much, I'm starting a series called " Struggles of a Dark Skinned Female.

Dear Dark Skinned female,

You are beautiful and  I have compiled a list of things that you can relate to.


: Ebony! Black and shine! Black Beauty:

First I hate the term black beauty - is that still a compliment? I stay in Nigeria, we are all black, not sure what 'black' beauty means.


: You are pretty for a dark skinned girl


This means - all odds are against you, yet you are somewhat attractive. Black isn't ugly! Don't tell me I'm pretty for a dark skinned girl like dark = ugly.

: Maybe you shouldn't wear black:

Just me wearing whatever the f*ck I want.


Err - the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice !! Don't stress me, I'll wear black and any other dull or bright color I like. This takes me back to my birthday dinner, where my own sister saw my photo and said I'm too dark to wear yellow?! I think the fuck not!

: You Look Like.....

I can bet it'll be Lupita or Alek Wek or someone you look nothing like.

: I am Getting darker 

Okay, should we celebrate or you are going to keep talking about my skin tone like it's bad.

Chose these photos cus my skin is popping - thanks.

Love you do you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.