How I Spent My Service Year

I can say now that I'm ready for the best years of my life.

I finally finished NYSC today and I had the best service year. I was sent to a small village where I fought for human rights and ..... HAHAHAHa .


It's a lie, I got posted to Yola for my NYSC and did my camp in Taraba,  after 3 weeks of NYSC Orientation camp I packed my bags and flew down to Lagos - I have one Uncle in High places that sorted me out.

If there's anything I learned in Taraba, it's that everyone likes the dark skinned girl with braids. 

My white Fowl days. 

A photo posted by Bolu Olojo (@boluwathevoice) on


I already had a cool fashion writing position at complete fashion, I got a request letter and I was posted there like Sharp sharp. I worked there for about a month and moved to 360nobs - yea.

This move was approved by NYSC and it was very okay with me. I spent time writing, cooking, finding love - in Lagos a city of dreams.

Well, I woke up one day and got an awesome radio job, I quit my writing job and followed that dream - Yass! 3 jobs during NYSC. Now I'm still working at the current job - this is me now that I have finished NYSC.
A photo posted by Bolu Olojo (@boluwathevoice) on

Can you notice I am darker?

So I won this NYSC thing - and I hope they scrap NYSC. Any comments about the shoes I wore for 11months will not be tolerated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.