#RandomTuesday : Sanitary pads < Tampons


First!!! Growing up Nigerian, you get your period and they buy you "always" (Made in Nigeria) and if your parents love maybe you'll get imported sanitary pads.

See ehn, the first few times I used pink always (now old one) I spent the better part of my time washing school uniform and tying sweater around my waist - majorly because my flow was heavy but blue was for big girls. And the reaction the dusty ess pads gave me wasn't even to be seen.

Finally my mum saw me one day and just took me to a major supermarket and we found the most expensive cotton pad & the fairy tale begun.

Then when I thought I have found my last bus stop, I had to use tampons one Christmas holiday I spent with my 'Janded' cousins. That day I went into the store with my last 5k and bought 4 boxes of tampax & panty liner...

Tampons are great! Don't let anyone tell you tampons will pop your cherry it won't.

Well I'll like to say I never looked back but, poverty won't let me be great...I used pads just the other day and I have concluded that Sanitary pads < Tampons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.