Betty's Weekly Banter: Things I'm Thankful For

Hi guys, I'd like to apologize for my absence on the blog for two weeks now. I've been having so much fun that I got carried away but anyway my fun came to an end today and the funniest thing happened to me (not funny in any way) but I'm grateful it's something I can reflect on and thank God for every now and then. In other news I had an intervention from God today and it got me wondering about lot of things that I've taken for granted but I should really be thankful and grateful for.


 I'd confess that I've been living life on a very fast lane as a form of distraction for a while now that I've almost forgotten the essence of the little things that add values and meaning to life as we live through it.

I don't want to come here and start giving you long speeches or sub stories about my challenges and struggles in life or reasons as to why I've taken things with typical regularity but I'd really urge those of you in dark phases or seasons of your live to take a moment and reflect on things you are grateful for and start making a list of them, I'm thinking that would make you feel better as it did for me

Anyway, here are the A  list of things I'm genuinely thankful for (in no particular order, except the first 5)

GOD:  I'm not sure if I should be grateful to God for God but I'm grateful that I know and understand that there's a supreme being to which I owe all of my gratitude.

LIFE: The gift of life is greatest gift for me. life is beautiful and I don't think I've seen enough of it to want to give up on it yet. So I'm grateful for life and it's experiences. All I'm experiencing and yet to experience.

PARENTS and SIBLINGS: I'm grateful to my parents for giving me life and I'm thankful for there 'annoying doting ess'. I'm also thankful to God for my siblings as they made growing up fun and gave me a huge sense of responsibility

FRIENDS, FAMILY and FOES: Arrgh, I really do not know how to put my thoughts into words on this issue of friendship, but I'm really grateful for all of my friends that haven't given up on me yet. Ps If any of you reads this, i'm sorry if I ever made you feel like I was using you for my own convenience. Keep being my friend regardless of my downsides please. To the few of my family members that I matter to and to my foes because the make me value having friends more.

THOUGHTS and EMOTIONS:  I'm thankful to God for my mental cognitions, ideas, beliefs, opinions, disappointments, fears, happiness, sadness, pain, joy..They have shown me the opportunities for growth that has shaped me into a better stronger person that is basking in the beauty of life.

FOOD,TEARS and CHORES: I'm classifying all 3 of these together because they give me a sort of relief whenever I'm down or gloomy, I eat for obvious reasons clearly but it also serves as a therapy to get over a bad situations , I cry to express my deepest emotions and the only way you can ever really get me to perform any chore is if you upset me. So I eat, cry and perform chores to feel better about an upsetting situation, I'm thankful to God for these distractions.

EDUCATION: as passing thoughts I've expressed gratitude for education a few times  but for the first time i'm acknowledging that my education isn't a right but rather a privilege that I'm lucky to have. So I'm grateful for education, my teachers as well, and it's teachers day coincidentally. Haha.

BODY and ALL FIVE SENSES: I'm thankful for the wonderful gift of complete and functioning body parts and all five senses. Thank you God.

NIGERIA: I'm thankful to God for my country and her environment. There's little or no war and violence, there are no natural disasters and there's hope to become a better land.

TECHNOLOGY: I'm not exactly tech savvy but I'm thankful for all the impossibilities that have been made possible since the invention of various technologies.

BOOKS, MOVIES and MUSIC: for motivating and  entertaining me, for opening my mind to other people's thoughts and ideas and for letting me create imaginary scenario in my head as seen in a movie or read off a book. I'm genuinely thankful.

FASHION: clothes, shoes,bag,perfumes,accessories, make up and everything other thing that enhances the physical outlook of a person.

PEOPLE THAT REPLY MESSAGES IN TIME: you have a special place in my heart if you reply your messages in time. I'm genuinely grateful to have the few of you that do in my life. I think of you as reliable and decent. I could be in a very bad situation and me knowing you'd answer in time to save me brings me peace.

MY FIRST BOYFRIEND: I dunno how to put it but he's the only person that has shown me any sense of real commitments yet and what it feels like to care and be cared for equally without any hold backs. so yeah I'm grateful for the fond memories (especially the pillow talks) and the 1 and only decent relationship I've ever been.

LIFE EXPERIENCES and CHALLENGES: I'm grateful for all the experiences and challenges I've been through seeing as it's aiding my growth.

BEING MYSELF: 'And really, I think I like who I'm becoming, there's times where I might do it just to do it like its nothing'. Yes I'm extremely witty and  corny and I like to crack jokes but I'm decent enough
and I'm grateful for me and my presence in this place, all that I am and all I'm yet to become.


Feel free to share things you are thankful for in the comments. You can also tag me on Instagram @bettybhakins if you decide to post it there. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Come To You As A Woman

Memoirs Of A 21 Year Old Virgin - Something Happened Pt. 2

About Short Vacations, Turning 21 Again and Other Stories.